Sabado, Agosto 10, 2013

Data Encryption



Conversion of data into code for compression (with compression algorithm) or for confidentiality or security (with encryption algorithm) (businessdictionary.com)The translation of data into a secret code. Encryption is the most effective way to achieve data security. To read an encrypted file, you must have access to a secret key or password that enables you to decrypt it. Unencrypted data is called plain text ; encrypted data is referred to as cipher text.There are two main types of encryption: asymmetric encryption (also called public-key encryption) and symmetric encryption (webopedia.com). Microsoft's BitLocker, PGP Corp.'s Whole Disk Encryption, and TrueCrypt from the TrueCrypt Developers Association are just examples of encryption applications (computerworld.com).I do not usually encrypt my files because there is nothing confidential especially I'm just a first year high school student but currently I'm encrypting my files in my laptop.


http://imagec17.247realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/default/empty.gif/0


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento